Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Rain or Shine

Well, it's well and truly spring, and the weather is as variable as can be.
Thankfully however, the thermometer's been hovering around jacket temps lately, so away with the winter clothes and hello spring clothes!

...except, as I realize every spring, it's rather hard for me to dress in spring. Your mind says shorts and sandals, but your body says put that fleece jacket back on, crazy, the wind's still blowing! So, with a super simple investment in a couple pairs of black tights, I've found my new favorite spring outfit: a chunky sweater tucked into belted jean shorts over black tights, and black suede booties. And as the the title indicates, it works in the craziness of spring weather! (though I recommend maybe a different material of booties for those rainy days, unfortunately I'm not very gentle on possessions haha, so my booties got a taste of the rain)

Sun:
 This was my outfit for Easter Sunday, and it worked perfectly for the sunshine we were enjoying!
Sweater- Forever 21, Belt- Forever 21, Jean Shorts- Ruff Hewn, Tights-Forever 21.

Sunglasses-Nine West (Marshall's)
 I bought these sunglasses after loving them in the store, but felt a little unsure of them later, as they aren't my usual Wayfarer-esque shape, but, as you can see from my happily posing face, I'm now OBSESSED with them! Love the difference in the roundness of the frames.
 My stepsister and cousin decided to chalk our hair while drawing on the driveway, I've always wanted to do this and loved the effect. I'm gonna have to get legit hair chalk to try out over the summer!
Booties- Z London (DSW)

Rain:

Last week, the April showers began to really reign after a couple weeks of wonderful sunshine. But, I do love rain when it's warmer out, and decided to again use the shorts and tights combo.
Sweater- Chaps, Belt- Forever 21, Shorts- Ruff Hewn, Tights, Forever 21

 I loved the red of the sweater to brighten up the gray day, and it was warm and chunky enough to keep me cozy.

And, of course no outfit would be complete without a little arm party, today I kept it simple with a leather and gold watch, and my always bracelets: a green and magenta friendship one, and a green leather one that one of my best friends brought back from Ireland! 

I have always loved this look and finally got the confidence (and clothes--black tights are essential, seriously, why did I not own any before) to try it out, and I'm so glad I did!! Good luck in your spring dressing, I for one can't wait for more sunshine and warmth!
Have a wonderful week! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment